Between the Alps and Provence, an entire region to discover...
Our district encompasses the Asse, Verdon, Vaïre, and Var valleys. From the Val d’Allos ski resorts to the Verdon Gorge, you will enjoy a wide variety of activities all year long for you and your entire family.
Whether on the waterfront along the shores of Lake Castillon or hiking in the mountains, the Verdon and neighboring valleys will reveal to you their natural treasures.
On foot, horseback, or even a mountain bike, enjoy the wide open landscapes and well-preserved natural setting in Mercantour National Park, Verdon Natural Regional Park, and the Haute-Provence Geological Reserve.
Discover Allos Lake, the fortified villages of Entrevaux and Colmars, or even Annot’s sandstone cliffs.
For more information, visit our partners' websites:
Throughout the entire area:
- Pass Nature: good ideas, unknown places, hidden treasures: enjoy being guided by enthusiastic professionals.
- Manufacturing secrets: discover our rich heritage.
- Art and Culture, Fabri de Peiresc: the cultural association in Asses, Verdon, Vaïre, and Var.
The Artuby-Verdon area
Welcome to Artuby-Verdon, in the heart of Verdon Natural Regional Park. Enjoy the mountains , the crisp clean air, the herds of sheep, and the relaxing walks: an appetizer for more alpine-like adventures.
Small villages nestled along the mountainsides, overlooking the lush green valleys.
Roam free in this mountainous region shaped over centuries by both nature and the local inhabitants.
As part of the Pays Gourmand project, Artuby-Verdon joined the Pays Asses, Verdon, Vaïre, Var district.
To discover local agriculture
- Farmer’s Way / Itinéraires Paysans: pedestrian family outings led by local farmers to discover, over the course of a walk, their expertise, their produce, the local landscapes, and the history of their lands.
- Welcome to the farm: taste our natural heritage. The “Bienvenue à la Ferme” (Welcome to the Farm) network is made up of:
- more than 6200 member farmers
- regional and local “Bienvenue à la Ferme” contacts in every district and over twenty regions, who advise farmers, guarantee product quality, help with setting up business, and ensure that the label is promoted...
- and services from France’s Agricultural Chamber whose goal is to develop the “Bienvenue à la Ferme” label, to create long-lasting partnerships, to lead national communications campaigns for the label, to oversee local contacts...
Asses, Verdon, Vaïre, Var (A3V) :
The Pays Gourmand project receives oversight from A3V as part of a European-level investment program. Asses, Verdon, Vaïre, and Var is an association that brings together 40 towns in the Castellane, Saint-André-les-Alpes, Barrême, Colmars, Annot, and Entrevaux areas.
In December 1999, local elected officials from the area decided to combine their efforts in order to work together to develop their region, to build a local economic development strategy, and implement a series of actions to improve living conditions for local inhabitants.
They wrote a district charter that specifies their common objectives. It is on this foundation that the district negotiated a “District Contract” with the national and regional governments in order to receive financing to implement its action plan.